Real Time Web Analytics

Sunday, February 9, 2014

1.7 – Welcome to University!

I was a little nervous as I stepped on to the sidewalk of my new temporary home. I would be here for just two short weeks, but I knew it would feel like months. It would be a pretty tough term, but I knew I would benefit greatly in the end.


I looked around and saw a gorgeous campus. There was a beautiful lake off to the east and and the city scape was just to the northwest. There were trees everywhere, it seemed.

The campus house wasn't exactly charming, but it was sufficient for college life. I couldn't move anywhere else anyway, even if I had wanted to. The rule was the first two weeks, you spend in the dorms. That was fine as I knew I'd be busy studying and going to class most of the time.

I saw 7 others standing near the entrance to the dorm, so I went over and introduced myself. Most seemed pretty nice, but there were a few that looked ready to cause trouble. I think a few could have done with a bit of a makeover, too, but who was I to judge. I'm sure to them, I looked pretty average, too.

Here's a picture of us all on the first day:
From Left to Right:
Derek Khan, Millie Grubb, Me, Anoki Moon, Tammy Parker, Tiffany Angles, Tiberius Willard and Asala Karam


I found Derek the most attractive of the group, but he seemed like a bad boy type. I couldn't help who I was attracted to, still, bad boys weren't usually my type. Anoki was interesting, but his clothes could have been pulled from the trash. Millie seemed super nice and I liked her right away. Tammy seemed like a lot of fun, but something was off about her. Tiffany seemed outgoing and we quickly became friends. Tiberius was a total geek, but somehow, he seemed attractive. Asala was really completely different than anyone I'd ever met. However, I couldn't put my finger on why. Only time would tell.

Unfortunately, right after we all introduced ourselves, the drama started (didn't I leave that behind in Roaring Heights?). Tammy walked over to Anoki and just lit into him. I couldn't figure out what he did. I mean, we had JUST arrived. Poor guy! He seemed a little goofy, but gentle and soft as a teddy bear!


As soon as Tammy left Anoki alone, Millie started to ask him questions. Maybe Millie was trying to diffuse the situation or maybe she was truly interested in him. Not sure, but she surprised me by asking if he was single, so I started wondering.


Then, to the surprise of all of us, Anoki walks over to Asala and starts to make out with her. Wow! I've barely been here for 20 minutes and already this place is way to dramatic for me. Tammy looks like she wants to yell at him some more. I think she just likes to be mean to people. She is quickly becoming one of my least favorite people.


After we all met each other, I wanted to go and find a room with a good bed. Tiffany came up to me and asked if I wanted to room with her. I told her that sound great! I actually felt a little honored that someone had sought me out.


We both went upstairs quickly and found a room we both liked. We changed things around to our liking and started unpacking. As we worked, we talked started getting to know each other.


Tiffany said she came from Sunset Valley and was working on her Phys Ed degree. She enjoyed saving money, waffles, kids music and her favorite color was pink.

I told her I was there to work on my Communications degree and came from Roaring Heights. We chatted some more and then someone yelled up the stairs that we needed to go to the Student Union for the Meet & Greet. I thought it sounded like fun, so I started to walk out of the room. All of sudden, I heard noise coming from downstairs.

Tiffany & I ran down the stairs to find Asala yelling at Anoki. Something about kissing and telling. Um, she can't get too mad...they made out in front of all of us.


Asala backed off, but then Derek stepped in and lit into Anoki. Geez, what did this poor guy do to deserve all of this heat. Asala and Millie didn't seem to be too keen on each other either.


I waited until everything calmed down a little and decided to approach Anoki. I know it probably wasn't the best timing, but I felt bad for him. So, I decided to lighten the mood up a bit.


I wasn't sure if Derek thought I was being funny or was hissing at me under his breath. Hmmmm....

Finally, I decided it was time to get to the Student Union. The place seemed pretty crowded as I walked around. I saw many freebies and decided to pick some up. Gotta love free stuff!


After awhile, I decided to get something from the vending machine. However, it seemed to be stuck, so I shook the machine. Finally, it relented and gave me my prize. After I ate my candy bar, a girl named Sasha Parks introduced herself. She seemed nice as well and we started to get to know each other. We found we were in some of the same classes. A new friendship!


After we talked, I noticed it was getting late. I excused myself and started heading back to the dorm. I had a long semester ahead of me and I wanted to get a head start on some good sleep. As I walked back, I enjoyed the scenery. The sun was getting ready to descend and scene around me was beautiful! What a fantastic first day!!


When I got back, I was pretty hungry, so I made some lasagna. I made enough for everyone to enjoy. It seemed to go over pretty well. Everyone agreed that they were tired, too, so we all went to bed pretty early.


Right before I was getting ready for bed, I heard a commotion outside. I ran out the back door to discover a FIRE! I quickly put it out with an extinguisher. Afterwards, I asked Asala who was there when I arrived, what had happened. She said no one was standing near the grill when it caught on fire. I found that very unlikely, but I wasn't going to call her a liar.


Thankfully, we received a few hundred dollars to replace the old grill and the grill came almost immediately. Talk about service!


*lovesstorm's notes*
This was a tough chapter to write.  Mostly because I wasn't sure how to present the University timeline.  It is completely different than normal life college.  So, I decided to just tell it exactly like it is in the game.  It was much easier to write the story that way.  

True story:  the fire at the end...there was NO one around the grill.  It was strange.  :)

Also, technically, my wishacy ended in this chapter.  Ridiculously enough, I DIED when I shook the vending machine!  Ha!





So, I chose to go back to my previous save.  :)  LOL!

1.8 - End of the 1st Semester
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~X( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

22 comments :

I really appreciate that you spent your time reading my wishacy, I enjoy talking to my readers, so feel free to...

  1. Hahaha! Poor thing died from a vending machine?! What a way to go!

    Man, there is a lot of drama there. Poor Anoki! People need to lay off of him.

    I really want to read the next chapter but Bridge's final chapter is due tomorrow so I need to get to that. I'll be back at some point to read the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's drama...I have NO idea what their problem is. I still don't know. They just don't like him for some reason. :)

      No problem, I'm slowly catching up with Bridgette and Carson, but I'm still behind. :) I'll get there, though. Right now, I need to go into the game to finish up the 2nd semester. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the time in university. I ran into the same problem in my last legacy when I sent my character to University. I had no idea you could die by shaking the vending machine. That's good to know, although sucks your sim died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know! I should have known about the vending machine, but it has been awhile since I'd been there. Yeah, it sucks.......but it SURE was funny!!

      Delete
  3. This was a great chapter! The end made me laugh a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!! Yeah, I almost peed my pants when she died! I would be the one to kill off the first generation. :)

      Delete
  4. LOL, well University in the game appears to be University in real life, cause I remember loads of dorm drama when I went. XD Wow yeah, the vending machine death is a real threat. I killed a sim I didn't particularly enjoy using that to see what color their ghost was, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! Yes, gotta love the drama! I didn't even realize there were different colors until you said it. :)

      Delete
  5. lol I have no words. You need a "Drama Free Zone" sign for your room. And I'm sorry you died. I would be so mad! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Oooh, that would be sweet! Yeah, the death was a shock, but super funny! :)

      Delete
  6. Vending machine... what a way to go - poor old Justine.. I must say her Uni cohort is a bit of a motley crew but the campus is beautiful. Now I wanna go get University!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't change anyone, so some of them look crazy. Oh, and at least one is mean spirited. :) Gotta have one of those around to provide the drama, though Justine seems to create enough of that on her own. ;)

      Yes, the campus is beautiful!! :) You should. It is fun and is one of my favs! Though, most are awesome! :) Thanks for reading and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  7. Jeeze. I didn't know you COULD die from a vending machine. Now it makes me nervous to play my legacy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stay away from the vending machines. ;) LOL! Or, don't try to shake it if your sim doesn't get anything, just pay for it again. :) Less risk. :ROFL: :)

      Delete
  8. Lol poor girl and that vending machine. And all the drama! Poor Justine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :>) Yeah, I do enjoy the drama! Granted, most just happens by itself, but I make it look a little worse. :d I'm bad like that. :p Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. Wahahaha... The sim died from shaking the vending machine?! Huwaaat?! Why do I even find that hilarious??? =)) Oh the many ways a sim can die... and in your story, there's already two rare murderers - the kraken and the vending machine. ~X(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost peed when she died! =)) I never knew that could even happen. I just wanted her to get a drink. I love the kraken! :D Thanks for reading and commenting! :

      Delete
  10. ha Had no idea a sim could die by vending machine. Imagine that. Anoki is just getting all the short straws here, poor guy. lol I gave him a makeover in one of my games (the sim I was playing showed an interest in him and I felt like being nice and listening to her wishes for once) and he actually cleans up pretty nicely. Especially when he works out. Know what I'm saying'? ;) haha

    I'm really enjoying reading your legacy!

    P.S. I'm always terrified my sims will die on me during a legacy! =0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my fav chapters because of that silly vending machine death. Hehe. Yeah, if I ever go back to Uni, Anoki will be first in line for a makeover. I can just imagine how good he cleans up, and the muscle. ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!! I enjoy the interaction with my readers. :x

      Delete
  11. Uni Drama + Vending Machine Death = Great Chapter! :-bd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Yeah, this is one of my favs as well. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete