Real Time Web Analytics

Sunday, April 20, 2014

1.20 - Welcome, Baby Johnson!

As I gave my final push, Caitlin Elisabeth Johnson was born into this world. She was a beautiful little addition to our family!!


It was a joy to get to know our Caitlin.  Soon enough, we noticed little things about her personality. For instance, she seemed very aware of her surroundings so it was evident that she was born a genius.  Furthermore, when she heard music, she would perk right up and almost dance a little. We would laugh, then look at each other with knowing eyes:  she was a virtuoso.

Life with a baby always seems to make time go much faster. I was on maternity leave for awhile and that helped to ensure I could take care of Caitlin's needs. I enjoyed cuddling with her and smelling that sweet baby smell.


Marvin was sad to leave little Caitlin as he loved playing with her.



Secretly, though, I think he was also a little happy to get away from the craziness. I didn't mind as I also had Dylan to help with her. He seemed to love playing peek-a-boo and she seemed to enjoy it just as much as he did.


Caitlin was a very content baby and only cried when she was dirty or hungry. She never had time to be lonely as we all played with her.


I was very thankful for Dylan as he was able to watch her while I did some work. I may not be at work, but I still wanted to make sure I kept up with my reports. So, I spent time here and there rummaging around town; digging up information about people always wary of things around me.


Before we knew it, Caitlin's birthday had arrived and we celebrated at home with our friends. She grew up into quite the cutie!



She was so adorable!  Yet, we wanted her to grow up well, so we knew we needed to start working quickly on teaching her to potty, walk and talk. We knew that once she got those down, then life would be a bit easier.

Caitlin wibbled and wobbled, but quickly caught on.  Earlier than we were expecting, she was walking more often than crawling.


Talking didn't seem to take long, either and soon enough, she was talking up a storm.  She even talked to her new doll Sophie sent her, whom she had dubbed the name Jelly Bean.


Potty training was another story, however. She loved her diapers and hated the potty chair. We got through it....eventually, but it took some patience and time.


Marvin loved spending time with his little baby girl!  I was so very glad he was involved in her life and was such a good example to her.

They read together...


...he attacked her with “The Claw”, which she found hilarious....


...and they talked about all sorts of things.


I enjoyed spending time with my little Caitlin, too, especially rocking her before bed time.  However, even amongst all the chaos of raising a little one, I had grown a little sad.  I missed the feel of a tiny baby in my arms and that special newborn smell.


Soon enough, I told Marvin I wanted another baby. I was a little hesitant at what his reaction might be, but he was ecstatic and told me he had been thinking the same thing. We got to work on that right away and we relished the time we had together.

Before too long, I noticed a strange feeling again and took a pregnancy test. It turned positive!! I was so excited!! Again, I had no morning sickness, which was strange, but I eagerly accepted it. There was one symptom which returned from Caitlin's pregnancy: cravings. I craved all kinds of pancakes. They were so yummy and I could NOT get enough of them.


When I told Marvin, he was so thrilled! We started making plans for an extra bedroom on the same floor as Caitlin's room.


Caitlin enjoyed learning so many new things!




One rainy morning, Caitlin was very grumpy and wanted out of her crib.


She thought she'd yell to see if anyone would hear her. Still....no one came.



Finally, she decided to take matters into her own hands.


Thankfully, she didn't get hurt, but we could see she was a very determined and impatient little girl. After that incident, we kept a better eye on her and bought a monitor so we could hear her when she woke up.

As my pregnancy progressed, I got bigger and more tired.


Many times Caitlin and I would nap together. Marvin said we looked adorable.


The day finally came for our new arrival. Caitlin and I were enjoying what would be our final alone time.

“Caitlin, you are supposed to use that on the keys not chew on it,” I said as I shifted to a more comfortable position. I'd been achy all morning and I was ready for this baby to be out.


Caitlin giggled and started to beat the keys with her mallet again. “Yes, mama.”


“You are playing beautifully, sweetie!”

But-ti-fwul,” she repeated slowly.

Just then, I felt a sharp kick followed by pain. The pain didn't stop and soon enough, my water broke and I was in full labor.


*lovesstorm's notes*

Yes, this was definitely a shorter chapter, so I tried to add a lot of pictures. I feel kind of bad leaving everyone hanging again, but you'll understand next chapter. ;)

Yay! One possible heir and another one almost here! Remember, you, the readers, will choose the next heir I will follow. :)  Of course, Justine needs to quit having babies so she can get back to work and finish her lifetime wish.  However, she keeps wishing for more babies....lol!  /:)  =))

Oh, and can I just say, one of my all time favorite pics (besides the scenery ones) is of Dylan and baby Caitlin playing peek-a-boo.  It took me like 20 pauses to finally get the 2 of them to coincide with their peek-a-boo hands.  They are just so adorable!  :x

Poses
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~X( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

23 comments :

I really appreciate that you spent your time reading my wishacy, I enjoy talking to my readers, so feel free to...

  1. So sweet! That is so funny-I love when Sims keep having SO MANY babies they basically are forever on maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! It doesn't help that she has the family-oriented trait. ;)

      Delete
  2. She is so stinking cute! The picture of Justine and Caitlin together was precious. Lovely chapter and pictures as always :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! :D Yeah, I love my pictures. :) They are definitely cute together! He's a great dad!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Caitlin, LOVE Caitlin's Hair, LOVE Caitlin's room. Wowser Justine is going to have her hands full though! Let's hope she starts wishing to return to work soon eh....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they wished to return to work. LOL!! It's ok, it helps to have a butler around. :) Granted, I wish they would wish to get a plumbot. :) Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete
  4. Wait...you can't do anything unless they wish for it? What kind of shenanigans is that?

    Anyway, welcome to the world Caitlin! Those mallets are pretty tasty, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not 100% wish based because there are some things I can make them do (like use the restroom, eat whatever if they are hungry, etc, etc). The rules are in my "Welcome to My Wishacy". This type of legacy was created by buckeyegirl. She has rules on her site (in that same welcome page). But yes, basically, she can't have woohoo until she wishes it. She can't have kids until she wishes it (OR there is a special rule that we can choose to try for baby after she has woohoo'd with the person at least once). Anyway, that's why this story can get a little crazy because it's what my sims "want". LOL! It's pretty challenging to write around that, but it is fun not knowing what is coming. :)

      Yes, I thought that eating of the mallet was pretty cute! :)

      Delete
  5. Third try is a charm for comments???? Well I hope you have better luck with your girls wishes for children as mine had twins and then...well i can't say cause i haven't posted that yet but lets just say it bit me in the behinder hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did that the other day on someone's and it didn't load right, so I lost all of what I said. I hate that! :(

      LOL! Don't you hate it when you want to share, but you realize you haven't said that portion in your story yet? LOL! I almost let it slip the other day about the next baby's gender. Thankfully, I caught it, but sometimes my brain can't keep up with my fingers. :) I don't have anything special to get twins (so hopefully, that won't happen). Justine has the family-oriented trait, so she'll wish for more children often, I'm sure. o_O

      Delete
  6. I just got all caught up with your story. I must say that I LOVE your scenery pictures, they are so beautiful. Caitlin is so cute too. Can't wait to see what the gender of the next baby is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much!! My favorite part of the story telling is taking the pictures. It's SO much fun to get different angles and things not seen often. :D

      She is a cutie, but it isn't often I see an ugly toddler. ;) I can't wait to see the gender of the next baby, either...well, wait...I already know it. Ok, so I can't wait for YOU ALL to see the gender of the next baby. It's going to be epic! LOL! :)

      Delete
  7. All caught up, and cannot wait to see the new additions to the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) I know I need to work on the chapter, but I'm still trying to figure out which direction I want to go in. It's oh-so complicated. You'd think not, but I don't want to bore everyone. :D I still have quite a few chapters of yours left that I need to catch up on. :) Thanks for reading and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  8. Just found your story today and caught up. Your pictures are beautiful and there is so much character in the sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much!! I appreciate that since I wasn't sure about the way I portrayed them. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  9. LOL Caitlin climbing out of her crib was hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =)) I know!! I had to put that in there. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yay! Another little one coming! They're going to be so busy with two!

      Oh dear, she keeps wishing to have babies. . .that could make for a big family. lol!

      Delete
    3. I know. :-O I'm trying to stay strong, though. :D

      Delete
  10. Caitlin seems like a daddy's girl and she's so adorable; I especially love her hair! :) And I can't wait to meet Johnson baby #2, though I do understand what you mean about maternity leave, my generation nine heir (right now I'm on gen ten) had five children and I'm fairly certain she didn't go back to work until the eldest was a teenager...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *falls over in shock*

      Ten generations! Wow! Impressive! I don't know if I'll ever get there. I can only hope I'll get there some day.

      Caitlin is adorable! :x I appreciate all the comments you've been giving me!! :x

      Delete
    2. Haha, yeah, I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it; my computer has had troubles, the games been laggy, the saves been corrupted, truth be told I'm still in shock that the thing I've spent almost two years on is almost over... *runs off to nostalgia village* :) I'm sure you'll be able to make it and I'm definitely going to be reading and commenting the whole way!

      Aww, you're welcome! :x I know how wonderful I feel when people comment on my blog, so I try to do the same for others.

      Delete