Real Time Web Analytics

Thursday, April 3, 2014

1.17 - Wedding Preparations



One night, a few days later, I was gazing at the night sky thinking about how much my life had changed in the last week. Being engaged was an unbelievable feeling, I thought to myself. Marvin and I were enjoying our time together planning the wedding. I wasn't sure if I could be any happier.

We had talked off and on about where we wanted the wedding to take place and had checked a few places out. It didn't need to be very big. Neither of us had any family, so we had just invited our friends. Being orphaned at a young age seemed to bring us even closer. It helped to talk to someone who understood completely and who still loved you no matter what.


“So, did you like the place we looked at today?” Marvin asked me as he gave me a quick hug. We'd just gotten home from work. During our lunch break that day, we had visited the last place on our list. We hadn't had much time to discuss the place since we both needed to get back to work.  

He was heading to the kitchen to start dinner, so I followed him.

Yes, I absolutely fell in love with the place. The set up is simple and the gazebo out back is perfect for the ceremony. I have a small issue with the price, though. It's a bit too expensive,” I said as I settled myself onto the counter.

“I understand, but you've spent little on anything else except your dress and it wasn't even that expensive. I just think we could easily fit it in our budget,” he said as he threw some tomatoes into the sauce. “The cost includes everything we would need at the ceremony and reception plus they clean it up. In my opinion, the clean up alone is worth the price so we can just leave after the party is over.”

I thought about his logic. He was so smart and it made perfect sense. I had been used to living within my tight budget for so long, it was foreign for me to have so much extra money at my fingertips. We had decided early on to merge our money together into one account. It's hard to switch your brain from “your” money to “our” money, but it's part of becoming “one”, right? I just didn't realize he was so well off or I may not have agreed to it.  All work and no play will do that.


I see your point and agree. It will just take me some time to get used to sharing money, that's all.”

“I know, but I love you and we're getting married. So, I want us to use it together," he said as he put our plates on the table.  Then, he turned to me and pulled me into his arms. "If you need help being convinced, then just think of it as my wedding gift to you.”  I nodded as he won me over. 

While we ate another delicious dinner, we talked more wedding details. It was to be a simple wedding and I was thankful for that. I didn't want to become bride-zilla because things were over the top and needed to be perfect. I was marrying Marvin and that was all that mattered. I wanted my best friends to be there to share in our joy.

“I talked to Judy, Sophie, Scot, Tiberius, Dyno, and Grumpo and they all said they could come except Tiberius. He said he would be out of town that day for work and he couldn't get out of it.” I was sad, but also excited everyone else could make it.


It seemed unreal to me still, but it was true. Tiberius, Scot and Sophie had decided to make Roaring Heights their home. I was so happy to have all my best friends in one place!

The biggest surprise of all was that Scot and Sophie were married now. When they told me they had eloped, I was completely shocked!! Then, she told me she was pregnant and I almost fainted. After I got over my shock, I couldn't believe I'd been so blind. They really were perfect for each other. I was so incredibly happy for them!

After dinner, we enjoyed a little TLC in the hot tub. We didn't do much talking, though.


The next day at work, I received a promotion to Patrol Officer! It had been tough trying to get ready for the wedding and work, but I guess my determination paid off!

Marvin decided to take some of his extra money and start investing as a partner with some of the businesses around town. The first investment was the local science facility. He said it seemed expensive, but after a few months, we'd break even.  Then, it was just profit after that.  Did I mention he's a genius?


I got a call from my boss asking me to run an errand. I needed to talk to several neighbors and make sure they knew that we patrolled the neighborhood to ensure safety. I told her that it would be a piece of cake and it was. Hopefully, this would be a small step in the climb to another promotion.


While I was at work, Marvin invited Dyno over. They'd started to hang out more and I was glad he had a male friend.


Marvin loved the bot place as much as I did. Sometimes he would just sit and enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the bots and reading the paper. 


In fact, we had talked about making one to have around the house to clean and help with housework...maybe even with our future kids. However, we had a lot more research to do before we could accomplish that goal. It was nice to know we both were on the same page, though: it was cheap labor. Haha!


While I was at work, I got a call from the military. They were offering me a job as a flight officer because they were impressed with my law enforcement expertise. I must say, it sounded intriguing and I was very flattered. I've never heard of the military just calling you and offering a job like that. However, my dream job was still to be a spy, so I respectfully declined. They were persistent, though, and called me several more times throughout my career.  Of course, I continued to decline.

My agent wanted me to visit the children's wing at the hospital for publicity. I told him I didn't care about the publicity, but would be glad to visit them and see their smiling faces. It wasn't the first time I'd done this and it was one of my favorite things to do.

After I visited the hospital, I went rummaging. Part of my job was to find things out about questionable people, then write a report about my findings. I enjoyed the writing portion, but I did NOT enjoy rummaging through other people's garbage. It made me very smelly and the paparazzi usually found me. My agent always had a bit of work to do on those days. That's why I pay him the big bucks! 



Do you know where you want to go on our honeymoon?” asked Marvin one evening while we were eating dinner. It seemed to be the only time we could sit down and talk most days.

“Oh, I don't know. I would love to find a place that we both want to go so we can go sightseeing together.”


Well, hopefully, we'll be doing more than just sightseeing,” he said with a wink.

I felt my cheeks grow hot. He enjoyed my blushing cheeks, though I'm unsure why.

“You are making me blush again,” I said with fake anger. “Don't you want to get out and explore? We can't have sex every moment of every day.”

“Yeah, I guess not EVERY moment, though I'm sure we could try," he waggled his eyebrows at me.  I rolled my eyes as I blushed again.  

You are adorable when you blush,” as he winked again. "Seriously, how about if I do some research and give you some options.”

I shook my head. “No, how about you just surprise me. It makes life more fun that way and I trust you. You know what I like.” Right after the words were out of my mouth, I realized what I'd said and felt my face grow hot yet again. Marvin just knowingly smiled and agreed to do the research.

***********************************


The next morning arrived quite beautifully as it frequently does in Roaring Heights. Marvin was not beside me when I woke up. I wasn't surprised. He had to work this morning, so he had left earlier.


We had recently sold my house and decided to use part of the money to hire a butler. I am horrible at cleaning. Well, actually I just don't do it. I'm not sure why. I'm not against cleaning, but I just don't 'wish' to do it.

Marvin does sometimes, but he can't always be counted on, either.  I know we talked about the plumbot, but he felt if we didn't hire someone soon, the house would turn into a garbage dump. Yuck! So, we hired Dylan Libby.


He seemed like a nice guy. We renovated the pool house and turned it into a guest house for him since he would be living with us.


We also took some of that extra money and invested it by partnering with The Eden, which is where Marvin works. Some day, we may own it, but for now, we can only afford to partner with them.

After breakfast, I needed to do some more rummaging before work. So, I did my job and then wrote the report.



I had just enough time to scoot home, take a shower and get to work. Whew! It paid off, too, as I got another promotion! My new title was Lieutenant! Sweet!

Marvin had a surprise for me when he got home, too. He had been promoted to Spice Runner! We didn't talk long as he seemed stressed out.  I left him alone to do some genius work on the computer. I guess if he solves the unsolvable, he gets some money for it. He said it helps keep him sharp.


I'm just glad there is something he enjoys to help him de-stress. I want him to be as happy as possible tomorrow since it's our WEDDING DAY! We cannot wait to be united as one!

*****************************
*lovesstorm's notes*
I know this was a shorter chapter, but I wanted to have the wedding as one whole chapter. :)
I started writing this chapter today and finished it pretty quickly. I was really surprised as I felt like lately, I've been really struggling with writing. :)

I never got the chance to have a bachelor/bachelorette party. I decided to bypass it this time as I already felt this generation was taking far too long. I am thoroughly enjoying Justine and Marvin, though. I'm sure I'll do it in some generation when I feel like I have more time. :)

Yes, I put Tiberius, Sophie and Scot into Roaring Heights.  I just really liked how they all seemed to get along.  Also, Scot and Sophie got together ALL on their own.  I had nothing to do with it.  I found out they were pregnant at the wedding, so I thought I would include it here.  Wouldn't want you to all be shocked with Sophie's pregnant belly staring at your in the wedding photos.  :)

I may have hurried through their engagement, but really, why wait? LOL! :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter and, as always, I truly appreciate you as a reader! I love it when people enjoy my writing and humor! :) Granted, you get a little peek in my head, which may send you running. LOL! ;)


Poses
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~X( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

10 comments :

I really appreciate that you spent your time reading my wishacy, I enjoy talking to my readers, so feel free to...

  1. Haha, Justine and Marvin look like they're moving right along. I like that "surprise honeymoon" aspect of planning a wedding. It's so fun, of course, if the husband to be picks a place he knows you'd like otherwise, maybe not so fun, LOL. But I'm looking on the bright side. XD Yay for her friends living in the same place as her, aww, and Marvin has a friend. Awesome. :D I've never done the bachelor party in game either. o.O It sounds like fun though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, Marvin will pick a good place. He knows her pretty well and I'm not sure he has a mean bone in his body. I think she'll enjoy what he picks! Yes, that just came about on its own, which is nice. :) Thanks so very much for commenting and reading!! :)

      Delete
  2. I did the parties once and only once...those dancers are SHADY! I'm so glad Justine and Marvin are settling in well, and Marvin knows what she likes huh??

    I seeee....lol Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, now I want to have a party so I can see these "shady" dancers. LOL! Yeah, he knows what she likes. ;-) LOL!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for the next generation to start being born X3 their children will be absolutely gorgeous. For some reason that's always my favorite part about reading legacies is seeing all the kids XD I don't know why XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I kind of wondered about the babies. I always look forward to that part too, but I'm sort of not looking forward to it, either. The baby and kid part I've always gotten through, but by the time their teens, I grow bored. This challenge is supposed to help me keep pushing forward whether I want to or not. I mean, I have a few readers now who WANT to see the next generation. I'm not worried about failing, but I do NOT like disappointing people (yes, ladies & gents, I am a people pleaser). So, that is why this challenge is going to get interesting soon for me because I need to push forward and NOT quit. :) I know I can do this! :) In fact, when I get determined, watch out! :)

      Delete
  4. Awww all Justine's friends are settling in around - her life is just about perfect. LOL at Sophie and Scot - to be fair though their post makeover baby will be gorgeous - perhaps a future spouse for a Justine/Marvin tyke.... am I getting ahead of myself?!

    I can't wait to see Justine's dress and I wonder where they'll jet off to - I'm going to guess la belle France - Marvin seems like a romantic type.

    Also

    DING DONG THE HAT IS DEAD - well mostly - thank the lord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little...lol. However, that was part of my intention is to have another possibility in the town. :) Who knows, though. I don't even know. Not that far ahead yet. ;)

      LOL about the hat!! No comment on the honeymoon destination. :)

      Delete
  5. Aww! They are moving right along with their lives together!

    ReplyDelete