Real Time Web Analytics

Saturday, March 15, 2014

1.14 - Back Home Again...To Stay!

“Welcome back!” I told myself as I drove into town.  It was so exciting to be back home. I don't think the place had changed a bit. Still beautiful as ever!



I had worked very hard to get my Technology degree and had become more charismatic. I felt more confidant about myself and talking to those around me. I had learned a lot about what NOT to do in relationships and to always be careful before putting my heart on the line completely. I needed to find a guy who wanted to be completely committed in a relationship.

Marvin Johnson kept popping into my head. It was like he was just waiting patiently. He had never shown me anything but respect and kindness. According to Judy, he still wasn't seeing anyone and she would know being the town gossip.



I pushed Marvin out of my thoughts and started working to upload my resume.  It took a little bit of research, but I finally found a job that sounded like my wish:  Law Enforcement.   I attached my resume to the job posting, then cooked some food since I was hungry.  

Shortly after, I received notice that I had gotten the job! I would start off as a Traffic Cop at the local police department.  At least I wasn't starting at the bottom. I guess having my college degree did help! I didn't start until Monday, so I had the whole weekend ahead of me.

Marvin came over to hang out, which was exciting! However, he arrived, then he quickly left. I figured he forgot something. That's usually what I do when I walk into a room.
   
So, I went to the library and ran into Judy. It'd been awhile and we spent some time catching up. She said she was still with Frank and their relationship seemed to be doing better. He even seemed more committed to her. When they went out, he barely looked at another woman. (That she saw! I didn't believe it for a New York minute, but I wasn't going to tell her that.)



As always, Marvin wasn't far behind. I guess he had disappeared because of his job. I must have been on his list since I was back in town. As much as I wanted to get to know him better, he never seemed to have time to hang out. His job seemed much more important and I wasn't sure I could compete with that.



While Judy and I were talking, my phone rang. I answered it and it was FRANK! He was asking me out on a date. Seriously????? Judy was right there beside me. I excused myself and went off somewhere where she couldn't hear me. Then, I gave him a piece of my mind. I couldn't believe he had the audacity!



When I got back, Judy had already left and I'd hoped that she hadn't heard who I was talking to.

I wanted to visit the new Boardwalk that had been built (while I was away). I thought it would be a fun outing for Marvin and I. I knew his job had already ended for the day, so I thought I'd call and see if he wanted to meet me there. He said he'd love to spend some time with me (dang, those butterflies came back in the pit of my stomach).

When I got there, someone wanted to get my photo, so I obliged since I didn't see Marvin yet.



After I smiled and the picture was taken, I saw Marvin walk up. He smiled and waved, but then his cell phone rang. He picked it up as I was starting to walk over. Then, he hung up quickly and apologized. He said that his boss had just called and said I needed to go track down Shirley Templeton. She had been spotted by the grocery store and he needed to get some pictures of her leaving with her new boyfriend. I said it was ok and understood it was part of his job. He told me he'd group up with me later.

I was extremely disappointed, though I wouldn't have admitted it to him. Yes, I was very attracted to him and we got along very well, but more than anything, he was a good friend and it hurt that his job was more important than me.



I swallowed my hurt and decided I was still up for a Boardwalk adventure. I wanted to see if there was anyone around to group up with, but no one was in the front. So, I walked around back.

Dyno and Grumpo Marks were there, which was awesome as Dyno's a great friend. We always seem to have fun together. I'd never actually met Grumpo before, but he seemed, well....a little grumpy.  I know, I know, cliché, but not any less true.



“Hey, Justine! How's it hangin'?"  He turned to Grumpo and said, “This is the super awesome girl I was telling you about the other day.” Girl, really? I was only 5 years younger than him.

“Hey, Dyno! It's going well. Just finished getting my technology degree and I'm glad to be back home! Nice to meet you, Grumpo!”

Grump just grunted. Guess he wasn't much of a talker.




“Dyno, I would love to hang with you if you have some time.”

“Oh, I really wish I could, but I have to be somewhere shortly.”

“Oh, that's no problem. It was a long shot anyway.”

I noticed something moving on the blanket by Grumpo's leg. I started laughing, which made Dyno and Grumpo look at me as if I'd grown a second nostril. I pointed towards Grumpo's leg and they both started laughing as well.

“It seems the ants wanted a picnic, too,” I said after I caught my breath.



We talked a little more about upcoming events in Roaring Heights, then Dyno glanced at his watch and let out a little “eep”. He jumped up quickly, said his farewells and raced off. I guess he was running a little late.

Grumpo stood up and stretched, then he started asking me questions about my time at university and what I wanted to do with my future. So much for first impressions! He was very attentive and we quickly became friends. It was very surprising how comfortable I felt with him. In fact, if I looked at him in just the right light, he was even kind of handsome.



Of course, while we were talking, Marvin showed up. Geez...does this guy ever take time off? At first, I thought he was done with work and had decided to see if I was still around, but then he started taking photos. I ignored him completely.



Grumpo and I chatted for a little longer. I guess Marvin got bored because he left. I was just getting ready to ask Grumpo to hang out with me, when he said he had enjoyed our time, but had to leave.

Just as I was getting ready to leave for home myself, I got a call from my agent. He said I needed to find Sneako Supine-Marks and do some networking with him. So, I found him at the park and we talked some. I ended up earning some nice cash from that.



The next day, I invited Marvin over. He said absolutely and came right over. He surprisingly stuck around a little and we played some game I had learned at University called “Gnubb”.



Unfortunately, we never got to finish the game. Yep, you guessed it, he got a phone call and then had to leave. Again. Maybe he wasn't Mr. Right...

*lovesstorm's notes*

I apologize for taking so long to get another chapter up.  I will admit the game has been acting up and I've had lots of freezing issues.  I eventually did a few things here and there and it seems to be better (for now).  This game has to have the worst engine of all time.  :(  Been busy as well with work, family and this snow we keep getting. Hopefully, the snow is behind us and spring is almost here.  

Well, she's back in Roaring Heights for good!! Hooray! I cannot tell you how frustrating it was getting to this point in the game. I could NOT get him to sit still long enough to even have a group outing go well. He was constantly leaving and I would say the majority of the time, it was to go to his job. However, I think sometimes, he literally just disappeared. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE townies??


I would search for him (I have NRAA's Story Progession and the map tags) and never find him. So I'd give up for awhile and then all of a sudden, he'd pop up again. I was able to get him to quit his job (using NRAA's Master Controller), but then NRAA's Overwatch came through at the usual 3AM and DELETED HIM. (I'd forgotten about the deleting of homeless/jobless sims.) I laughed and cried at the same time at that. :) I was honestly wondering if he was even worth trying to get him for Justine. Guess only time will tell.


1.15 - Justine's Freedom Day
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~X( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

15 comments :

I really appreciate that you spent your time reading my wishacy, I enjoy talking to my readers, so feel free to...

  1. Oh yay! I was telling my friend about your legacy and then decided hey maybe she updated I should check, and you did! I really like Marvin it's unfortunate he wouldn't sit still :( and thus Justine's rotten luck with men continue. Great chapter :3 I look forward to the next one hopefully she can find somebody. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! You made my day!!!!! :) Thanks so much for commenting!

      Yeah, her bad luck with men continues. I like Marvin, too, but he's a little ADD or something. LOL! If he'd just sit still. Maybe somebody should kill off his boss or something. LOL! :)

      Delete
  2. Some day she'll find a nice boy to settle down with who's... actually capable of settling down. Do I detect a bit of potential with Grumpo? I guess I'll have to wait and see! Hopefully your game doesn't give you too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yeah, she always has issues with guys. Hopefully, the next chapter will be better for her. :)

      Delete
  3. There do seem to be a lot of men in the town at least, even though they are all kind of flaky at times, LOL. Wow, seriously, Frank? LOL that made me laugh, that and how Judy was oblivious to it all, actually believing her and Frank were doing well? Frank must be really good at manipulating her into thinking that. XD Hmm, I've never played that Gnubb game before. My Sims think about it sometimes, but I never actually buy it for them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are quite a few guys to choose from and I could always add some if I wanted to. I'm just thankful that she didn't Justine or something, though usually they go for the guy. :) I really couldn't believe it, though. I love how the game doesn't notice these things. I may cheat and change his traits. It can get kind of annoying at times. However, it adds to the wishacy, so I won't, unless it gets to be too much. Yeah, she kept wishing to play that stupid game, so I brought it out for them. I have never played it, though, until she went to University. That's the first time I have ever played it since the beginning of me playing Sims 3. Weird.

      Delete
  4. Justine just can't catch a break! Marvin is a no-go, I've decided. lol

    There has to be SOMEONE! I mean, can't you open up real estate and see if others will move in. Maybe I have a Sim willing to relocate or something...cuz this is ridiculous.

    What's the plan now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Now you see why I've been SO incredibly frustrated! :) Don't worry, I've been thinking a lot about what I can do next. I've got a plan. ::::::she says with an evil laugh::::::

      Delete
  5. Sorry your game has been so frustrating. I hate townies too, omg. At least the town is full of men, so she should have an easy time finding....someone. Your townies are certainly decked out in interesting gear! Justine makes me laugh. I just love her so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...yeah, I loved Sneako's outfit. I felt like they were in some movie or something. :) Full of weird guys. :) I love the feel of Roaring Heights, but the outfits may end up getting changed or I may move her somewhere else eventually. :)

      Delete
  6. Yay! Sorry I haven't commented in a while! It's been crazy here too!

    Man! Marvin. . .Get with the program dude! Stop taking pictures of her with another guy and get with her! Some people and their jobs! I hope he realizes soon that Justine isn't going to wait around forever for him to chose her over his career.

    I enjoyed her being at university but I have to admit, I'm glad she's back!

    On to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob....I completely understand! :)

      Yeah, come on, Marvin! :) Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Marvin Marvin Marvin - I'm sorry but I'm just not good enough for our lovely Justine - she needs a steady guy not someone running off every second and disappearing in to an NPC apartment! Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Roaring Heights! It's so beautiful. Glad she's back home. Too bad that Marvin kept bailing on her, though. Geez, just say you can't make it instead of leaving a lady hanging like that. I hate when that happens. Stupid game. Great chapter! Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully Justine's luck in the romance department turns around.

    ReplyDelete